Here are a variety of resources to help you on your traditional foods journey. We only recommend companies we personally use. We do not recommend any company we do not personally shop with or a company that has given us poor customer service.
Green PolkaDot Box sells a wide range of food, personal care and more. This is where I buy most of my staples, a good bit of my meat and dry goods. Their prices beat any other online or local source I have found. The cost savings more than makes up for the yearly membership fee, plus you get free shipping and the convenience of having FedEx deliver it all instead of having to spend time shopping and lugging it home. It’s a win-win.
I get my coconut oil, shredded coconut, coconut flour and other coconut products from Tropical Traditions or Green PolkaDot Box. You can also check the Asian section of a local grocery store and your Asian markets. Look for coconut products that don’t contain gums, stabilizers or preservatives.
I like Great Lakes gelatin. I get it from Amazon. Bernard Jensen is another good brand that is also grass-fed and low-temperature processed. Both of these gelatins are beef based. If you prefer a pork base, you can also get that from Great Lakes.
Liver and Organ Meats
Grass-fed liver can be purchased from US Wellness Meats, Tropical Traditions or Green PolkaDot Box.
I purchase my bison and lamb from Tropical Traditions. You can purchase bacon, sausage, organs and a variety of meats from US Wellness Meats. All of these options are grass-fed and finished.
I purchase my raw honey from Tropical Traditions and Green PolkaDot Box.
Personal Care and Supplements
- Green PolkaDot Box carries many personal care items. I purchase most of the personal care I do not make at home from them.
- Afterglow Cosmetics is where I purchase my mineral make-up. I love their concealer, lipstick and foundation, and I use some of their eye shadow as well.
- J Lynne Cosmetics– enter code “RKF37481” to receive 10% off your first order. Free samples in every order and free shipping for orders over $60. I love their mineral eye-shadows and eyeliners.
- iHerb.com is where I purchase my Concentrace, kelp noodles, stevia, mascara and many other supplements, personal care and some foods I can’t get at Green PolkaDot Box.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby carries herbal products for mothers and children.
- Mountain Rose Herbs carries a wide variety of spices, herbs, essential oils, soap and personal care product making supplies, ready-made personal care and more.
- Herbmentor.com is where I subscribe to Learning Herbs and purchased the Wildcraft board game for my kids.
- Switched On Schoolhouse is our choice for the 2011-2012 school year.
I recommend you check these websites to search for farmers and farmer’s markets in your area.