Bone Broth Marathon Finale: Mexican White Bean SoupBy KerryAnn
Today is the last day of the bone broth marathon. How did you do?
I managed to meet my goals more days than not. It has established a habit, which is more important. It will be FAR easier to repeat this next winner without the kids asking questions. The weather in NC has been unseasonably warm, so I’m expecting winter to last until the end of March or later. We’ll continue the soup and extra stock as a normal part of our routine until it’s too warm.
How about one last recipe for the series? This is a soup I fall back on regularly when I need something quick and easy. Navy beans are a cinch to sprout, so I keep extra on hand in the freezer for meals such as this that are quick and easy to throw together and can cook while I do other things.
Mexican White Bean Soup
From the Classic Menu Mailer
Hands-on: 15 minutes
Hands-off: 4-6 hours
1/3 pound dry small white beans, sprouted/soaked and cooked or 1 can
2-4 cups chicken stock
1 onion, 2 carrots and 2 stalks celery, diced
1 cup frozen corn, optional
1 cup salsa or 1 undrained can diced tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
Dash chili powder, optional
Combine the cooked beans with the remaining ingredients in a crock-pot and cook for 4-6 hours on low.
This post is part of Real Food Wednesday.
- The Five Biggest Bone Broth Mistakes You Might Be Making
- Bone Broth Marathon: Navy Bean Soup
- Bone Broth Marathon: Crock-Pot Potato Wedges
- Bone Broth Marathon: Tightening the Budget Using Stock- Rosemary Lentil Soup
- Bone Broth Marathon: Lentil Chili
- Bone Broth Marathon: Keeping It Real
- Bone Broth Marathon: Lentil Sloppy Joes
- Bone Broth Marathon: French Chicken
- Bone Broth Marathon: Leek and Sweet Potato Soup
- Bone Broth Marathon: Making Stock Convenient To Use
- Bone Broth Marathon: What About the Fat?
- Bone Broth Marathon: Concentrace In Your Stock?
- Bone Broth Marathon: Chicken and Rice
- Bone Broth Marathon: Large and In Charge
- Bone Broth Marathon: Flavor the Broth For Free
- Bone Broth Marathon: Where Do I Get The Bones For Bone Broth?
- Winter Real Food Challenge: Bone Broth Marathon
Disclaimer: Some of the links in some of my posts are affiliate links. When you click them you allow me to cover a small portion of the cost of this blog. Blogging isn’t cheap and I appreciate your support so we can keep churning out awesome recipes and quality content. Using my affiliate link is like leaving a tip. Thank you. You can read more of our disclaimers here.
KerryAnn Foster runs Intentionally Domestic, formerly Cooking Traditional Foods. Founded in 2005, we help you feed your family nourishing foods they will love. KerryAnn has thirteen years of real food experience. Read about KerryAnn’s journey to health through multiple miscarriages, celiac disease, PCOS, food allergies and intolerances, obesity, adrenal fatigue and heavy metals. She is also an It Works! Triple Diamond Independent Distributor and she loves that crazy wrap thing!