Last Updated on
Last year on the forum, we started a Baby Steps section to help people new to traditional foods. Each month, I will be posting those baby steps to the blog in case you’re wanting to start your own Traditional Foods journey.
February continues with the basic steps.
- Add vegetable intake via sneaky veggies where it is possible.
- Change breakfast to being healthier but in a form that is still acceptable to your family. Move from cold cereal to oatmeal, scrambled eggs, soaked pancakes or waffles and the like.
- Change to sea salt if you have not already. Sea salt contains many trace minerals that iodized salt does not.
- Start taking cod liver oil.
- If you’ve already changed salt and started CLO, consider a trace mineral supplement if you feel you might be deficient.
KerryAnn Foster runs Cooking Traditional Foods, the longest running Traditional Foods Menu Mailer on the internet. KerryAnn has over nine years of traditional foods experience and is a former Weston A. Price Foundation chapter leader. Founded in 2005, CTF helps you feed your family nourishing foods they will love. Each mailer contains one soup, five dinners, one breakfast, on dessert and extras. You can learn more about our Menu Mailers at the CTF website. For a free sample Menu Mailer, join our mailing list. You can also join our forum to chat with other traditional foodists and learn more.